If you are interested in volunteering or being staff for A Taste of Animethon 2017 then please read though the provided information and use the sign up form. If you are applying for a Staff position for the event please see our current postings and state in your application what position you are interested in. Any questions please contact HR (atoa_volunteers[at]asapa.ca).
Join the Team! (A Taste of Animethon 2017)ATOA is powered by the committed Volunteers and Staff who dedicate their time and effort year-round and during each event. When you volunteer with us, you join a team of Managers, Coordinators, and other Staff and Volunteers who are passionate about working together to plan events, organize people, and help our attendees be safe. We are currently seeking people with a passion for fostering community who can manage time and resources effectively and communicate efficiently in high-energy environments. We also strive to be a safe, inclusive space for everyone. Staff and Volunteers are expected to work towards maintaining this safe space.
About VolunteeringWhile everyone working for ATOA is a volunteer, you may want to consider applying for a Department-Specific Staff position if you can commit specific skills or would like to help out ahead of the event. Staff have access to exclusive benefits, including free admission to the event. On average, most year-round Staff spend a few hours one or two Saturdays a month on their Staff duties. Some Staff only work during the event.
To become Staff, Volunteers must be 16 years-of-age or older and harbor a professional mindset. Please tell us about any skills or experience you have when you apply and state it clearly in your application.
Day-Of Volunteers are expected to report to the Volunteer Coordinator, be punctual, and professionally carry out their assigned duties while on shift. Volunteers must commit at least 4 hours during the event and if applicable and able attend the Volunteer Training (date TBA).
While Day-Of Volunteers are required to purchase a Weekend/Day Event Pass, logging 12 hours qualifies for full reimbursement of your Weekend/Day Pass. You must be at least 14 years-of-age by Jan 20th, 2017 to volunteer for A Taste of Animethon 2017.
We are always recruiting Volunteers and Staff! Join us and tell your friends!
- Staff Applications: Dec 30, 2016
- Staff who sign up after this date may not qualify for some benefits!
- Volunteer Applications: Jan 10, 2017
- Sign up by this date to lock in your volunteer schedule in advance.
- Abide by all Animethon policies
- Report to any immediate staff supervisors
- Attend all shifts on-time and perform all required duties
- Respectfully and professionally attend to patron questions/concerns
- Volunteers should show up 15 mins prior to each shift
- Any costumes worn must be family friendly and cannot impede duties
- Free Event Admission (Event)
- Early access to Vendor Hall on all days of Event
- Work experience (References available)
- Staff Badge & Badge-Holder
- Staff Events (Staff Dinner, Holiday Party, etc.)
- Food Stipend (40$)
Day-of Volunteer Benefits
- Reimbursement of Event or Day passes in exchange for Volunteer Hours
- 4 Hours = $10.00
- 8 Hours = $10.00
- 12 Hours = $15.00
- Early access to Vendor Hall on both days of Event
- Volunteer Experience and hours (References / Proof of volunteering available)
- Volunteer Badge (To be Determined)